Friday 25 May 2018

flooring part III

I'm obsessed right now with the floors. I can't help it. As I previously told you in my first post, I'm reusing a floor that was made for a room on a different house. So obviously it doesn't fit at all. It's too small and as a perfectionist I didn't like it wasn't a perfect rectangle with 90º corners (I know, I know... It sounds a little bit odd).


First thing I did was to cut the borders and then make sure that the angles are perfectly placed at 90º.


If the floor was too small for the entrance at first, right now is even smaller. Hence I glued it to a graph paper sheet the size of the entrance floor and refilled it.


This is the final result though it needs to be sanded. The wood used for the retouched is from a different so probably I will have to paint or darken the whole floor in order to make it more even.



C & W





No comments:

Post a Comment