Tuesday 22 May 2018

flooring II

Once the inside floor was almost done I started thinking about how to do the small outside triangle at the entrance. I considered the idea of extending the inside wooden floor but it looked quite weird.

But last night (all great ideas come to mind at night) I remembered I had 10 beautiful tiles that I bought many years ago in a fair from the Italian artisan Alemikikri. Why only 10? I don't recall it. Probably I didn't know where I would use them so I figured out that 10 tiles where enough to do an entire floor (LOL).




I was quite frightened that the tiles would completely disintegrate while trying to cut them in half. But surprisingly they were made from a soft material, probably clay, so cutting was an easy task.



The borders are made from board and then covered with gesso waiting to be painted. Yes! painting is not my forte at this moment. Not filling inspired when it comes to color tones.

C & W




No comments:

Post a Comment